So the holidays are usually a tough time for the recently broken-hearted (is it just me or did a lot of people break up in August?). However, we forget to see the perks of being single. Need to be reminded of them? Here’s a few:
- You don’t have to shave! Rock that beard or those not so smooth legs. It’s winter after all.
- You save money. No dates, no anniversaries and no gifts to buy! I spent way too much money last year (even bought for my ex’s dog!). A nice break in spending can do everyone some good.
- What’s so great about kissing under a plant anyway?
- You have more time to spend with people who will always have your back: your family and friends. Instead of missing that midnight kiss, hug your family or your friends. Those people will never let you down.
- Eat whatever you want! We should all be healthy but you can treat yourself without worrying about what you are eating in front of people.
- You can wear whatever you want! I rock the hipster glasses that my ex loathed.
- You can do what you truly love with your loved ones since you don’t have to please anyone but yourself.
- You don’t have to worry about babysitting any drunk people but your crazy friends.
The holidays are coming up. Time to celebrate YOU!
The Modern Day Fairy Godmother