I hope that your holidays went well and you are all looking forward to 2014. I had an amazing Christmas and would argue that it was even better single than it was last year.
Considering that my last Christmas was my first one where I wasn’t single, it may seem strange for me to say this. Nevertheless, I will explain why this Christmas was so much better.
I found that I got back to what I love most about Christmas: family traditions. I didn’t feel the time nor financial constraints that I felt last year and that weight off my shoulders was a relief. I was around people who are always there for me and it made me so happy to know that this love will always surround me.
Additionally, I have never felt more comfortable in my own skin and I think that it took me being single to get here. For the first time in my life, a man is a nice thing to have and not a need. There are just so many things that I want to do with my life such as travel and try new things that if a man is right for me, he needs to join me in my adventure and not stop me from it.
I hope that this story can be inspirational to singles out there. Remember you are wonderful being you and that shouldn’t change if you are single or not.
1. They look just like your ex.
2. Do you seriously need someone in your life?
3. I guess this is the new flavour of the month.
4. There goes another one to join the parade in between your legs.
5. I don’t think that they are right for you. (Insert not so perfect significant other that you think everyone should be like) and I do this and you guys don’t.
6. So when’s the wedding?
7. Maybe if you were skinnier/muscular/prettier/smarter etc., you would have more luck.
8. I liked your ex better.
9. Why are you bothering if they don’t have money?
10. If they don’t go for you, can I have them?
As a Christmas gift, my friend Jesse gave me a framed picture of the dating rules for guys that we created. This could really be used for either gender.
1. A man is NOT the whole dessert; he is the cherry on top.
2. It’s not me, it’s HIM; there’s NEVER a reason to wonder why YOU weren’t good enough.
3. NO phone numbers until the END of a party (no texts until the next day).
4. He gives up the number FIRST.
5. Don’t think you’ll meet “the one” at a club.
6. You only get one free-be rant per guy when things go bad.
7. There must be a month between dating guys.
8. Ice cream and a sad movie is always good after a bad night.
9. I need to be the supervisor of my own life, NOT the busboy working for them.
10. Get to know a man before dating them.
11. Don’t be an “Agenda” girl; just naturally be me.
12. Don’t treat every guy like an interview.
13. Don’t find love; let love find you.
This list might not work for everyone but it works for me. Got an item to add? Tell me in the comments!