Sorry for the crazy hiatus. I am finally done exams and ready to focus on not just one blog but two! Check out my new blog: 1060ft2.wordpress.com. It’s the story of my blended family and all the daily hassles that come with six people living in 1060 squared feet.
So I have decided to try something new: online dating. The reason why I chose to do this was because I felt like I was meeting guys in all the wrong places. When I meet guys at the club, they only want one thing and when I meet guys through friends, I find that they don’t know what they want. So, I wanted to try online dating, so that way I can screen these guys and really be able to go for what I want.
It amazed me how picky I have become. I mean, how hard is to find a non-smoking, non-binge drinking, educated, intelligent, somewhat religious, non-vegan nor vegetarian, athletic, tall, dark and handsome guy who knows how to cook and is in their early to mid-twenties? Apparently, a lot harder than I thought.
I already had one guy disappoint me, named Rob. We lived so close to one another and the conversation was going great until I found out that he lied about being a smoker on his profile. I had to let him go.
There have been some flakes, some crazy old perverts and some guys who may just have potential. Time will tell if I will find the right guy but I know that I won’t settle for less than I deserve.
However, I am going to give some much needed advice for anyone who wants to try online dating:
- Don’t let the enormous amount of views get to your head. Your soulmate is probably not looking at your profile within the first hour of activation.
- Display a clear picture of yourself which means one that is not blurry, nor with one of you wearing sunglasses, nor a side profile, nor one of you looking downwards nor with five thousand people. A nice headshot that shows your face will do the trick.
- Be honest with the information you put on your profile. The truth always come out eventually.
- We know when your account is a fake. We have been plastered with pictures of celebrities. We know you are not twenty two when your hair is all grey. How stupid do you think we are?
- Only subscribe to three months. After that, you should probably try another method of finding people.
- Don’t be afraid to block people.
- Don’t settle.
- Get to know a person through various methods such as phone calls or Skyping before agreeing to a first date.
- Be a little more professional in your profile. A picture of you smoking a bong or a description of saying that you don’t know what you want will attract only one thing: a one night stand.
- It’s okay to get excited over someone but use your brain too. Nothing wrong with messaging first.
All the best to you! Wish me luck.
The Modern Day Fairy Godmother