In light of wedding season, I thought that this topic would be important. So you’re planning a wedding or in a wedding party and you are thinking of every last detail from the position of the flowers to the carefully chosen words of your speech to when songs will be played. The best piece of advice I can give anyone? RELAX!
Not everything is going to be 100% perfect the day of the wedding. Something is going to slip but the most important thing is focus on the fact that you or someone close to you has found their soulmate is getting married. Isn’t that what this day is all about?
We make fun of bridezillas but why? It’s because they focus on every last, tedious, minuscule detail as opposed to the big picture of the wedding. A wedding day symbolizes more than just a large celebration in and of itself; it is the celebration of the beginning of a marriage, a loving lifetime commitment.
Last weekend, I was a bridesmaid for my aunt’s wedding. It was a beautiful day but we did have a few wedding mishaps. Here are a list of wedding oops that we have encountered:
- Got lost in a parking lot
- My mother’s hand getting stung by a mysterious bug
- Staining my dress merely an hour before the wedding
- The stylist messing up my hair
- flowergirls getting a bit fussy when taking pictures
- The best man forgot the rings
- Forgetting the props for a speech
- Groomsman got drunk
However, here is a list of all the positives that happened:
- My aunt got married to the love of her life
- Everyone looked stunning
- Everyone’s speech was great from the oldest to the youngest member of the wedding party
- We all busted out some great dance moves
- The food was yummy
- We all had a great time
In life, it’s about what matters most: our love for another.
The Modern Day Fairy Godmother