Do not expect people to love you.
I am not saying this to be cold-hearted or cynical.
You just should not expect people to love you in the ways you should love yourself.
Why not make your love for yourself the greatest love?
It is not an easy journey, this is certain.
It is a journey that goes on every day.
But why fill a void with someone else when you need to be whole in and of yourself?
It is easier, that’s why.
Although it takes great effort, the result is the reward. Love yourself so deeply that another loving you is not only different but complimentary.
So I haven’t posted a “heartbreak” post in a while and don’t worry, things are going great with the guy with whom I am speaking. I was inspired to write this post by reading an article by Patti Stanger from Millionaire Matchmaker. I love Patti because I usually take a no nonsense approach to things like she does but I had to disagree with her post on signs to tell if someone is cheating. In my opinion, they were very generic. Therefore, as a result of being cheated on multiple times, I thought that I would share my list with you:
- Gut instinct. Patti mentioned this in her blog and I agree with her as well. If something is not right, it probably isn’t.
- Contact with a past lover or former significant other. This happens way too often. An EX can easily become a NEXT. You should be their future, not a yoyo between their past and what they make of it.
- Being invited often to go somewhere with a “friend” and that friend never invites you. There is nothing wrong with your significant other having time with friends, both same sex and opposite sex, but when they are fully excluding you, be aware.
- Hanging out in inappropriate places. Do they love the strip clubs or like spending one on one time in a hot tub with a person they found attractive? These can be breeding grounds for infidelity.
- Lack of contact, affection or initiative. Sorry folks, they have lost interest.
- Lack of attention. Constantly texting when you are trying to talk to them? Not really listening to what you have to say? This could represent a lack of interest or that they have developed interest elsewhere.
- They are controlling or constantly on edge. They have something to hide, that’s why and they want to limit your resources of knowledge of figuring that out.
Agree with my list? Disagree? Did I leave something out? Want to share your story? Write a comment!
The Modern Day Fairy Godmother